If you own a Leica M 240 you can now download an updated firmware, version 126.96.36.199. It brings a number of incremental improvements to take the M240’s performance up a notch or two.
- Optimisation to prevent the camera controls from becoming unresponsive after a series of continuous burst photos fills the buffer.
- The selected user profile will be displayed even when exposure compensation has been adjusted. Exposure compensation is no longer saved to the user profile.
- Memory cards with a capacity up to 512 GB are supported
- The default file format settings upon camera reset have been changed from “JPG“ to “DNG+JPG“
- The time-out period for the last GPS position, when no GPS signal is received, has been extended to 2.5 hours (GPS is not available with the M 262.
- It is now possible to display DNG files from the Leica M Monochrom (Typ 246) in all zoom steps, also with the M/M-P (Typ 240 and 262)
- When using SD-cards that are too slow for movie recording, a message appears in the viewfinder display