This week is shaping up to be a bumper L-Mount Alliance party. Panasonic has announced two new lenses and Sigma has just launched the professional-quality SIGMA 24-70mm F2.8 DG DN Art lens which will be available in both E- and L-Mount. The company claims best-in-class optical performance from this large-aperture standard zoom.
The lens, which is made in Japan, compromises 19 elements in 15 groups with three aspherical surfaces. It features a stepping motor with a new algorithm to achieve a good balance between acceleration and quietness of the AF drive. It is also compatible with eye-detection auto focus used in many cameras.
Other features of this lens include:
- Zoom lock switch
- AF/MF switch
- Lens hood with a lock
- Mount with dust- and splash-proof structure
- Compatible with the Lens Aberration Correction
- Available for Sigma’s mount conversion service
- Designed to minimize flare and ghosting
- Evaluation with SIGMA’s own MTF measuring system: A1
- 11-blade rounded diaphragm
- High-precision, rugged brass bayonet mount
The SIGMA 24-70mm F2.8 DG DN Art lens weighs 835g and the price will be announced shortly.