The world’s smallest and lightest full-frame system camera today gets a major firmware update. Version 2.0 of the fp’s operating system appears to be largely concerned with the camera’s video capabilities and will be of limited interest to our happy band of stills shooters.
- Supports cinemagraph creation and playback
- Supports CinemaDNG footage playback
- Supports still capture during live view and movie shooting in Cine mode
- Supports still image capture from movie files (CinemaDNG, MOV) shot with the SIGMA fp
- Supports HDR in movie shooting
- Supports still and movie shooting in Director’s Viewfinder mode
- Supports DCI 4K 12bit / HDMI Raw output
- Supports RAW over HDMI recording with Atomos Ninja V monitor-recorder
- A free AtomOS firmware update for Ninja V is required.
- Supports recording Blackmagic RAW codec over HDMI with Blackmagic Video Assist 12G models
- Requires firmware update of Video Assist 12G models using Video Assist Update 3.3.
- Camera movement control is now compatible with ZHIYUN Weebill S gimbal.
- Instruction message appears when attempting to use greyed-out items in SHOOT menu
- Supports camera control in USB mode
- The SDK (Software Development Kit) for controlling the camera is scheduled to be available by early July.
- Supports Dual Base ISO (ISO100 and ISO3200)
- Improves AF performance
- Improves accuracy with evaluative exposure metering
- Improves image quality
- Supports CinemaDNG 25 and 29.97 fps (UHD 12bit) shooting
- Supports CinemaDNG 100 fps (FHD 12bit) shooting
- Supports CinemaDNG 100 and 119.88 fps (FHD 8bit and 10bit) shooting
- ‘OFF’ option available in Color mode
- Exposure adjustment available in QS (Quick Set)
- Tone control setting ‘Auto (Mild / Strong)’ available during movie shooting
- Supports USB Video Class (UVC) settings adjustments while the fp is connected to USB
- Supports time code generation
- Compatible with BWF format
- Supports file size changes at aspect ratio 7:6
- Supports changes to shutter sound effect
- Corrects the phenomenon of flickering in dark areas when shooting video footage
- Corrects bugs in USB Video Class (UVC) setting when connected via USB or during movie shooting
- Improves recording stability with recording media
- Other minor bugs have been corrected