by Mike Evans, 20 August 2012
Since last Thursday the Macfilos RSS feed syndication has not been working. After lots of trial and error I just got Feedburner active again. I’m sorry none of my posts since Thursday were syndicated. And, again, apologies for the fact that they have just gone through in a big gaggle.
Having moved from Squarespace 5 to Squarespace 6 a couple of weeks ago I had assumed that everything was in order. The RSS feed through Feedburner continued to work without any need to change the parameters. I just assumed Squarespace had taken care of this.
When Feedburner stopped working on Thursday I couldn’t believe that the answer lay simply in the feed reference (the “original feed”) because it had been working since the changeover with what transpires to be out-of-date information. Eventually, with the aid of Squarespace, I realised that the original feed reference needed to be changed.
This has now been done, but it is still not 100 percent correct and I continue to talk to Squarespace support. It is syndicating, though, and if any regular subscribers are still not receiving the posts please let me know. I now have a bigger problem, which I will cover in the next item.