Sigma has announced the US pricing for 11 Art primes which are compatible with Leica’s SL, TL and CL cameras.
The cheapest, the 70mm f/2,8 Macro comes in at $569 while the two most expensive, the 14mm f/1.8 and 105mm f/1.4 both cost $1,599.
SL users, in particular, will note the vast gulf in price between these third-party lenses and Leica’s own SL offerings. Reviews of Sigma Art lenses in other formats have been generally extremely positive and the new L-Mount versions are bound to be tempting.
This is full list of available Art lenses:
- 14mm, f/1.8 Art DG HSM, $1,599
- 20mm f/1.4 Art DG HSM, $899
- 24mm f/1/4 Art DG HSM, $849
- 28mm f/1.4 Art DG HSM, $1,399
- 35mm f/1.4 Art DG HSM, $899
- 40mm f/1.4 Art DG HSM, $1,399
- 50mm f/1.4 Art DG HSM, $949
- 70mm f/2.8 Art DG Macro, $569
- 85mm f/1.4 Art DG HSM, $1,199
- 105mm f/1.4 Art DG HSM, $1,599
- 135mm f/1.8 Art DG HSM, $1,399
As far as we are aware, prices in the UK have not been announced but, taking into account the 20% VAT uplift, the figures are going to look very much in same when converted to Sterling.