Purchasers of the Leica SL2 body in October and November 2020 have the opportunity to save up to £1,000 (including VAT) on a system bundle. Buy one lens from a short list of choices and you save £500. Buy a second lens from a different list and you grab another £500 discount.
To qualify for the initial £500 saving you select a lens from the following list, which primarily consists of zooms:
- SUPER-VARIO-ELMAR-SL 16-35 f/3.5-4.5 ASPH., black anodized finish
- VARIO-ELMARIT-SL 24-90 f/2.8-4 ASPH., black anodized finish
- APO-VARIO-ELMARIT-SL 90-280 f/2.8-4, black anodized finish
- SUMMILUX-SL 50 f/1.4 ASPH., black anodized finish
If you then buy another lens, a prime this time, from the list below, there’s a further £500 saving:
- APO-SUMMICRON-SL 35 f/2 ASPH., black anodized finish
- APO-SUMMICRON-SL 50 f/2 ASPH., black anodized finish
- APO-SUMMICRON-SL 75 f/2 ASPH., black anodized finish
- APO-SUMMICRON-SL 90 f/2 ASPH., black anodized finish
My choice? I’d go for the wonderful 24-90 zoom, which I’ve always regarded as matching some of Leica’s best primes in resolution, and the 35mm APO-Summicron, another outstanding lens. What’s your choice from this list?